Friday, February 10, 2012

Writing: Quick Update

Well, after lots of work I finished the re-write on The Island a couple of days ago and sent it off to the proof readers for comment. Quite a few changes to the shape of some of the storylines, as well as all the 'don't-sue-my-ass-compliance' stuff taken care of too.

Then yesterday I got stuck back into the follow-up short story, made really good progress and then last night I started feeling really ropey (and not in a bondage-fun kinda way) so I had an early night. Today it's developed into some kind of man-flu virus thing, so I'm going back to bed. It's very frustrating as I've got all these words, story arcs and dialogue shouting in my head, wanting to get written down on the page. 

I'll get there though... I should have this short story (and by short I mean 20,000-30,000 words - half a novel) done before the comments come back on the new version of The Island, so with luck it should be online in the next few weeks. 

For those of you who have sent me emails and comments asking when it's arriving, and for those of you who have demanded in very impatient terms that there's more story to read, please continue to be patient. It won't be long now.

JJ

7 comments:

  1. hows it going any more updates. PS i hope your feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like ur story about the triplets can't wait to see what happens next hope there's an update soon and hope u feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graham Brogan12:33 PM

    Read your "Quick Write Update" but no date on it but I assume a few weeks have past but the sequel is not yet online. Would be interested to know how you got on with the rewritten sanitized version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just read the island has there been more stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:57 PM

    Just read Threads, the island and loved it. I noticed you haven't written anything since. (over 2 years) Are you going to write more? A follow up story would be great. I think you are a very good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:50 PM

      When I looked it up, the last edited date was like January 2016.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Hey, can you make a threesome happen between Lakshmi and Patricia and Kyle? That is, if that isn't in there already.

    ReplyDelete